Saturday, March 27, 2010

Why is vacation for D just more work for me?

I love my DH - I really do.  And for many, many reasons he is the best partner in the world.  But - we are away this weekend with family and I thought for sure that this would be a relaxing weekend for us.  I thought that other people would help out and let me relax a bit.  I thought for sure that DH would step up a little bit more than normal being that I just went back to work for 2 days. 

Well - I was wrong.  Everyone that is here is wonderful and have been playing with M but I feel more tired.  For lots of reasons.  First, because M is not sleeping well in his pack & play (whatever happened to portable cribs with real mattresses??!! I sound like my grandmother!).  So, M slept with us last night in a king-sized bed.  Of course, you'd never know that it was a king-size as I was on the far edge with Michael right up against me and D with the rest of the bed.  That is M's fault - at 26 1/2 inches, he is the biggest bed-hog I have ever met.  :) 

But, DH has been doing lots of resting and QT with the fam (including a driving range outing) but I haven't had a break yet.  I am just feeling exhausted.  I guess this is just one of the other roles of mother.  It is something that we will definitely talk about - not argue, just discuss as we have done throughout this new phase of life. 

Until then, I am blogging, watching a movie, and listening out for M. 

No comments:

Post a Comment