Saturday, March 27, 2010

Back to work wasn't so bad . . .

Thursday morning, M & I got up and I started my new 2-day/week-morning-routine.  He was an angel.  I had showered the night before (just to be sure I didn't run out of time).  I have heard from so many mommies that they have turned to nighttime showering to keep from rushing. 

Anyway - M was in a great mood and had his morning bottle.  After that, he went into his carseat on the dining room table while I made probably 100 trips from the kitchen to the living room.  M looked like he was watching a tennis match, following me with his eyes while I was running back and forth.  I felt relaxed, though. 

We got loaded up and drove to Grammy's.  I was talking to him the entire time, telling him why I was going back to work and promising him that he would have a great time at Grammy's.  A few minutes later, I "loaded" Michael into Grammy's house and quickly went to my car before I started crying.  No tears actually fell, but they were ready.  What was bizarre was that I was also feeling Megan with me so much.  My sister's presence comes to me so many times when I am really in need.  I made it to school 30 minutes early and it felt good to be back.  The list of tasks is hefty, but I feel confident that I will be able to handle it. 

I resisted the temptation to call to check in on him - I just knew that he was doing great and in incredible hands.  So, at 3:00pm, I pulled out of work and headed to see my little love.  As I expected, he had a wonderful day and barely fussed at all.  It felt great to know that we both had good days. 

Now, it is spring break!  :)  I get another week with my boy before having to head back to work 2 days/week.  It feels good to have the time and energy to be with Michael and also give of myself to other young people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment