Monday, March 22, 2010

Did I do too much?

So, in my excitement to get M close to eating solid foods, I have been feeling adventurous.  Last weekend, I let him try to drink a little water from my glass.  He did fine (read: he did not cry, vomit, break the glass, or drench himself or me).  Then, on Friday, I baked sweet potatoes for dinner and put a tiny, itty-bitty on the tip of my finger and let him suck it off.  He loved it.  Yesterday, at my Mom's, I let him gnaw on a big celery stalk that had been in the fridge because his teeth seemed to be really bothering him.  I am fine with all of this  but .... M has been having some gas pains since about 7pm last night and I am wondering if it was the celery. 

I will cut back my "experimenting".  I know that the world of solid foods (and soiled carpets/clothes/hair) will be upon us soon enough.  :) 

For anyone who is interesed in what I am reading to prepare myself (did you really think there wasn't a book??) - I am reading 3 things:

1. Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron - Super Baby Food from amazon.com
2. New Vegetarian Baby by Sharon Yntema & Christine Beard- New Vegetarian Baby
3. Raising Vegetarian Children by Vesanto Melina - Raising Vegetarian Children

No comments:

Post a Comment