Saturday, March 20, 2010

The grunts

Is it sick that I laugh out loud when I hear M making "the grunts" in the morning??  I seriously find his poopy sounds to be some of the funniest stuff I hear all day long. 

Like today, for instance, he is in a fabulous mood (definitely a morning person) and he has had his bottle.  He is in his bouncy seat (helps to move things along, if you know what I mean) and is smiling, laughing, "talking", and playing but then every once in a while he will let out this long grunt with a super serious face.  When I look over, it's like I have caught him in the act.  It just makes me giggle. 

Seriously, though, I try to make light of it so that he is not embarrassed about normal, human, bodily functions when he gets older.  Sometimes I think about where that comes from.  I was always embarrassed if I had to poop or toot like no one else did it or it was something embarrassing....why???  So, I'd like him not to worry about that like I did.  Of course, D assures me that because he is a boy and he has a lot of uncles who can border on gross that M will have no problem in the bodily function department. 

Great.  Bring on the grunts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment