Friday, March 19, 2010

Back to work :(

D & I have been discussing the possibility of me returning to work.  At the beginning, I sort of wanted to go back to work to give me a break but since M has been about 2 months old, I have really LOVED being at home and the thought of returning to work made me sad. 

Financially, though, we are at the point where we need to have some more income.  D is launching his business and I fully support his efforts.  I KNOW in my heart that he will be very successful and that his success will allow me to be home more in the future. 

So, we have been back and forth about this and there was talk of me working for my in-law's family business, but we both thought that wasn't ideal.  As an educator, though, I just couldn't imagine how I might be able to return to the school environment on a part-time basis.  Especially given the fact that I wanted to only work 2 days a week from 9-3. 

Well - wouldn't you know it -- I got a call from my former boss and they offered me a 2 day/week position to work 2 days/week from 9a-3p.  It is the best scenario I could have imagine and while I would rather be at home all the time, this is a part-time and temporary thing. 

Next week will be tough but at least we are blessed to have 2 grandmothers to watch M.  I know that this will be a good step for our family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment