Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The time is upon me . . .

In 12 short hours, I will be a working woman once again (working OUTSIDE the home, that is).  I am feeling a bit nervous and apprehensive about my return to work for a few reasons. 

1) M has not been himself for the past 2 days - I think that he has a stuffy nose and cough either from a cold or from teething.  He has woken up at 4am the past two mornings and has not been easy to get back to sleep.  He hasn't been eating as well and just isn't his normal, happy-go-lucky self.  I hope that he does ok and doesn't miss me too much.
2) I hope that I don't miss him too much, but I don't think that will be possible.  There are definitely days when I wish that I could get away for a little break but now that those days are upon me, I am feeling sad about leaving my boy.  I am SO grateful that he will be in the more-than-capable and extremely loving hands of his Grammy and his Nana but I am still feeling a bit odd. 
3) I am also nervous about transitioning back into school.  SO much has happened in the last 5 months and I will be returning to a completely different role and one that is somewhat of a "fill in".  I know that the team at the school is grateful to have me back and I am sure that I will be ok, but I am nervous. 
4) Finally - I am just wondering what I will feel like while I am away from M.  Will it be hard to concentrate?  Will I feel relief for the break and the opportunity to use a different part of my brain?  Will I feel guilty for leaving him. 

We shall see . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment