Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Last Night was one of those nights . . .

I should have known.  When M skipped his afternoon nap, I should have known that we were in for an interesting night.  He had a great morning nap and even zonked out on me for a quick catnap while visiting some relatives for lunch.  I thought ... what a great day he's having.  I'll go to bed when he goes to bed tonight and tomorrow we will be so refreshed and awake. 

Then, everything changed.  He had lunch about an hour later than usual which altered his normal nap time.  I tried to get him to nap even for 45 minutes before his bottle around 5ish but no dice.  And, he wasn't really hungry so we got him showered and then gave him his bottle, of which he consumed about 3/4 before passing out on D's arm for 40 minutes.  He woke up and finished his bottle but then was so fussy and sleepy that I took him upstairs and he was asleep in a few minutes.  He fussed a few times before we went to bed around 10:30 but he never fully woke up.

Until 1:30am. 

Good morning, mama & dada.  Wide awake and fussing so we made him a bottle and he drank the whole thing down and passed out before we could even lay him down.  But, then when we tried to lay him down he wasn't having it.  After an hour of attempting to settle him we both knew that this was ridiculous so at 3:30am he joined us in bed. 

Needless to say, that whole notion of refreshed and awake went out the window.  I am now going with conscious and zombie-like.  Come on, coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment