Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Could it be??

Could my little boy really be preparing to welcome his first tooth?  I don't know but I have a sneaking suspicion.  He has been gnawing on everything in sight, including his hand, for a while but he seemed to really amp it up the last 2 days.  Yesterday, he must have had his hand in his mouth so much because by the end of the day, his little thumb and finger were chapped.  I even put his hand in a newborn mitten with a lot of cream for sleeping to try to rehydrate it. 

He has been drooling buckets as well - I have changed his shirts and onesies a lot and we are moving through bibs like crazy. 

Plus, his poopy diapers have loosened up a bit (after moving into the more solid phase with the introduction of solid foods).  He has already had 3 poopy diapers today. 

There is a big debate as to whether or not diarrhea, vomiting, and fever are associated with teething or not but I just have this idea that it may not be long before we see that first little tooth.  As D says, it will be a happy and sad day because it will show growth in our boy but it will also change the entire landscape of his face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment