Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

The year of 2011 has closed and we are once again facing a fresh start in this new year.  2011 was an interesting one, with plenty of joy as well as some unfortunate heartaches.  I endeavor to be ever-grateful for each experience given to me and I strive to make each a lesson on my path. 

We are now a family of four, growing and changing with each day.  I am uplifted by my approach to motherhood this time around - amazing what a little time and experience will do for one's self-confidence!  I find myself much more flexible this time and much less interested in the "shoulds".  We are not good to ourselves; expecting that there is some list of things that we are "supposed" to be doing and a way that we "should" be doing them.  Experience has taught me that in parenting, as in life, nothing could be further from the truth.  Instincts must be our guide and we must trust ourselves to know what is best for our families and for ourselves. 

2012 is the year of SURRENDER in the Neill Household.  It is a lofty goal but one that has been plaguing us for the better part of our lives.  Only through surrendering can I live the life that I dream of in my heart and each day will be a new journey on this path. 

I wish you a year filled with peace, love, health and happiness.  May you trust yourself and the goodness in your hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment