Thursday, January 5, 2012

Favorite Mommy Apps

Yes, I am one of those annoying people who has their iPhone attached to them at all times.  I was always a 'pen & paper' kind of girl until I went hunting for apps and found my phone to be the most convenient tool out there to manage my crazy life. 

Here are just a few of the apps that I am enjoying now:

1) Weight Watchers Mobile: As a mom who just recently gave birth, I am back on Weight Watchers to lose this baby weight and find that the WW mobile app is great for tracking points, weigh-ins, water/fruit/veggie intake, and recipes. 
2) bloom:  a free app that allows you to set up regular reminders to keep yourself balanced.  For example, throughout the day a little text message appears on my screen reminding me to drink a glass of water, get some fresh air, hug my partner, take a 1-minute tropical vacation, etc.  A great tool for Mom's who do too much!
3) Instagram: a great way to share photos and preserve beautiful memories of your growing & busy family
4) Nook & Kindle apps: during late night nursing or soothing sessions, my e-books keep me awake and engaged but keep the room dark so my little one can sleep
5) Toddler Cards: this is the only app that I paid anything for ($1.99) and it has been worth every cent.  My 2-year-old has been playing with this since he was 10 months old and can now fully operate it on his own.  There are various flash cards of animals, shapes, food, colors, things, etc. and you flip through the flashcards and see the picture, the word and hear the word.  You can select English, French or Spanish.  A great time-occupyer in line at the market, while waiting for the doctor or while nursing another baby. 

Hope that you find these helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment