Thursday, February 25, 2010

To work or not to work ... that is the question

So, my big question right now is whether or not I should try to return to the world of working on a part-time basis.  Finances are not what they should be and if I am thinking ahead, we will definitely need some time with 2 salaries to allow us to move into a larger house so that we can grow into a larger family.  So...what is my next step???

If someone had asked me in September before M arrived what I would do, I would say that I wouldn't return to work unless we were in bad shape financially.  If someone had asked me in early November when M was a newborn what I would do, I probably would have said that I didn't want to but would if I had to while secretly being excited to get a small break from non-stop motherhood.  Now that M is 4 months old (tomorrow) I am faced with the reality of returning to work and I am really not sure what I want to do.  I have grown to really LOVE being home with him and while we have our challenging moments, they are few & far between and our time together is simply the greatest joy I have ever felt. 

This will be an ongoing discussion to be sure .... time to give it up to the universe and just listen to what I should do.

No comments:

Post a Comment