Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Oh yes, folks, we've entered the 4-month wakeful phase

DS has always been a pretty good sleeper.  But the past few days have been some of our toughest.  In fact, DH told me that I was being "stern" with our beloved yesterday which broke my heart.  I know that I was frustrated because he wasn't happy anywhere for about 4 hours yesterday but I was still trying to be loving.  I guess from an outside point of view, though, it might have been stern.  Oh well - I am his mother so he should probably get used to it.  :)  I just believe in honesty so as DH was walking in the door, M and I were having a chat - he in his bouncy seat and me on the floor facing him.  I was just explaining to him that he was tired and that he needed to rest a bit so that we could play.  I told him that it didn't matter to me where he slept or with whom/what so long as he got some much-needed rest.  I was being matter of fact - loving but direct.  He was watching me intently so I figured he was getting it.  Looking back, I am sure it was a ridiculous scene, me talking to our almost-4-month-old as though he was 24.  :) 

And, once again the waking from nap is occurring so I must go and soothe him....until later.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment