Thursday, February 25, 2010

Such a good snowy day

It is always so good to spend time with people who love and care for you.  Friends brought breakfast and it was so nice to exist in a world outside of mommyhood for a while, even WITH my LO.  It sometimes feels like my brain is working in a big bowl of jell-o because I cannot possibly process things as swiftly or with as much ease as I did pre-baby.  I always thought that "mommy brain" was just an excuse but, seriously, it is like your mind operates on your child's level which is fine until you add to that the fact that you exist in a time warp where part of you is back in the world on the day you delivered and another part of you is just so present in the moment.  If it weren't for the weather and that reliable lightness/darkness thing I wouldn't have the foggiest clue the month, day, time, or probably even year!!

After our visit, M and I trekked out in the snow for his first facing-in Bjorn ride.  It was a trip - for real.  I strapped him in, slung the diaper bag over my shoulders and walked the mile or so to my in-laws for the day.  It was so great to just be in a place other than our home and M did great on our walk, just looking around at this bizarre white world that surrounded him.  As DH quipped during the last snowstorm, bringing M out in the snow would be like taking us on a surprise, blind-folded trip and dropping us on Mars. 

I am so grateful to have such an adventurous and flexible little child ....

No comments:

Post a Comment