Tuesday, August 17, 2010

So I got sad....

Yesterday, I finished a full day of work and got into my car to see the clock reading 5:06pm.  I got on my way home and started to cry.  I know that Michael is doing a great job at Grammy's - in fact, he put himself down for BOTH of his naps yesterday with only a few minutes of crying - but I wish that I could be with him.  I am so glad that he is with Grammy and she is an incredibly positive and loving influence in his life but I can't help but wish that there was some way that I could be home more than just 1 day/week plus weekends. 

The report from Grammy's was awesome - got his diaper changed by two amazing uncles and learned to climb the stairs.  All of them.  I am so proud of the little man that he is, so easy-going and loving.  And, I really do take pride in knowing that David & I helped to shape his personality and disposition from the moment we decided to get pregnant.  I am so proud of our hard work as parents and I am grateful to have such a supportive and present partner in all of this. 

Time is flying by - we are about to start planning his 1st birthday party and we have to babyproof the house and get him a "big boy" car seat.  How did so much time go by so quickly???

No comments:

Post a Comment